“Video will improve your website’s SEO and result in higher engagement and conversion rates.”
As we all know, video is the highest performing marketing medium around. However, with a strong focus on social media, marketers often overlook the importance of website video and in particular, video for the landing page.
According to Cisco, by 2020, there will be almost a million minutes of video per second crossing the internet. They also predict that around 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video. That’s a huge amount of video content! What is driving this rise in video content is consumers’ love of video content. People prefer video over text and if you are going to be successful in this video driven market, then you really need to be investing in video.
So, how can you ensure that your website ranks well organically on search sites such as Google and also ensure the highest engagement and results once consumers are on your website?
The answer is video. Not just any video. High quality, authentic and informative video content that gives consumers an overview of who you are, what you do and how you can help them.
Here are 5 key things you should know about the power of website video:
- Videos on the landing page of your website will increase in conversion rates.
- Videos can communicate to search engines that your website contains important and relevant information and ultimately boost your ranking and increase your sites traffic.
- Video can help build your organisations profile by efficiently communicating your core message and values in a compelling and engaging way.
- People spend more time on websites with video. The more time your people spend viewing content, the more likely they are to further engage with your organisation.
- The longer the time people spend on your website the higher your Google ranking will be.
To back this up here are some supportive video research findings:
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Forbes)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (Hubspot)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Hubspot)
So if you have a website, make it a priority to have a quality introductory video for your organisation. The style of this video will vary from business to business so talk to us about what would be the best approach.